Where is the time going? My sweet baby is four tomorrow. I’ve been silently wiping tears away this week because I can remember the day I told my husband I was pregnant with her. I can remember her first cries as she entered the world and how it was the best sound I ever heard. I remember how terrified I was to be her momma and how all my fears vanished the moment she looked up at me with those big blue eyes and I knew at that exact moment I would be forever changed. She became my whole world May 15 and she still is. I remember how proud I was when she took her first steps, said her first words and the moment she decided she wanted to pick out her own clothes. She’s has a beautiful soul. My little lawyer, jokester, kind heart. She isn’t afraid to get dirty or to fall. She is my wild child, free spirit, fun loving girl. My baby.
You mean so much to our family. Happy birthday to my bright light, my beautiful baby.
I’m starting the blog with these two cuties! Do you see that handsome guy? It’s been years since I’ve seen him, but I took his newborn pictures and his momma’s maternity pictures. He’s grown into such a handsome little guy! How time flies!
About a month ago I got to take photos of this family! It’s so fun when a family is so relaxed and excited about pictures! I wanted to do a quick post of these awesome people! Here we go!
Look how happy they are! It’s always awesome to see a family full of girls! That sweet dad had his hands full when they were younger! Now these ladies have families of their own and you can see how much they love each other!
Everyone together, like one big happy family!
I am ending this quick blog with these three cuties! Seriously! Those faces! Sorry for a short blog once again! This momma has to type in between nap time and coffee sips! Until next time! XO!
I wanted to share a quick update on the girls…
It’s hard to believe that almost seven months ago I had Kenna! She is growing into such a beautiful little girl. She’s almost crawling and has the best belly laugh. It comes from down in her toes. She’s a mommy’s girl through and through.
Parker has taken to a big sister like she was always meant to be one. She’s helpful and kind to Kenna. She loves helping me with diapers and her bottles and one of my favorite things is seeing Parker run into her room every morning and say “Good Morning Kenna” as she looks into her crib.
The hubs and I are slowly finding the balance of having two kids. It’s still an adjustment. When one is happy, one is crying. When one is sleeping, one is awake, but they are so much fun.
Until next time! XO
Hi! I hope everyone has meal prepped their lunches for the week, got all their laundry done and is excited for Monday morning! I’ve got 1 out of 3 checked off on my list! I had to share a few photos from this weekend. It rained all week and we were blessed with a beautiful weekend and what do you do when there is a beautiful weekend? Well, you spend it outdoors. We went to the park, we played in the yard, ran around the cul-du-sac and rode bikes. Of course, I didn’t want to miss a moment to take a few photos…. AND … I even let the hubs take a photo of me -After a gym session. Thank goodness you can’t smell me from the photo!
Have a great week! If you’re thinking about doing family photos don’t forget to book soon! The weather has been perfect! XO
I can’t believe it’s been one full year since my first session with Hudson. Today is his birthday and I’m sure his momma is feeling all kinds of emotions. When your baby turns a year old it’s such an accomplishment, but there is a small part of you that has to silently say goodbye to the tiny baby you brought home almost a year ago. You grow and change with your baby and learn how to be a family.
It was such an honor getting to photograph Hudson’s first year. He’s such a smart, sweet little boy and I can’t wait to see how he grows in the years to come. Happy Birthday Hudson.
It’s my official end of the year post. As always, I’ll be recapping some of the beautiful photos I took, but I’ll also be putting some personal bits on the blog.
(Baby Hudson with his momma, Ashley)
If you’ve been keeping up with me, most of my 2015 was spent pregnant so I didn’t get to do a lot of photography, but personally I’ve been through a lot. This year I’ve lost some friends, made some new ones, learned a lot about myself and fell deeper into my faith because of the two beautiful babies I kiss every night and still can’t believe are mine.
(I can’t believe how much Parker has grown)
Every time around this year I always feel a little melancholy about the year ending. There is a part of me that is relieved the year is over, but sometimes I wish I could change a few things about the way it went. I know there is no going back, only moving forward with some scars and lessons learned. Here are a few of the things I’ve whole heartedly accepted and appreciate from 2015…
(Baby Kenna is cooking in momma’s belly)
1. People can come into your life just as easily as they leave your life. Death is heartbreaking. Whether you’re watching from afar as it unravels a friend’s life or you experience it first hand. You feel helpless. I’ve experienced both this year. Life is not guaranteed. Don’t take anything for granted and always hug those who mean the most to you. You never know when the last day with them is the last memory you will have. Most people don’t know when that last memory will happen until it’s too late. I always want my last memory to be one filled with love.
2. Friendship has been hard for me this year. I was hurt by friendship. I hurt people I was friends with. There came a point where I closed myself off from allowing people to get too close to me. This has been an internal struggle I’ve been dealing with for a good portion of the year. Thank God for those amazing people that didn’t allow me to close myself off for good. You know who you are and I’m so grateful for your friendship. I’ve learned that living my life to the fullest is the only way to truly move forward. Forgiveness never comes easy, but forgiving those who hurt you truly frees your soul. This enlightenment also comes in forgiving myself and finding new ways to put myself out there and build friendships with new people. Again, nothing is guaranteed and life is short. For 2016 I am putting myself out there to not be afraid of getting hurt, but to embrace all that life has to offer.
(Parker turns 3!)
3. 2015 brought me a completion to my family when the hubs and I welcomed our beautiful daughter, Kenna. Having two kids brings a whole new level of exhaustion. I never knew how tired I would be, how mentally run down I would feel and how in all the chaos and exhaustion, how complete I would feel with my arms wrapped around my babies. This year I’ve read a lot of mom blogs and I’ve come to realize every mommy struggles to be a good mom, even the ones that seem to have it all together. Every mom struggles to lead their kids on the correct path. I fail every day at this and constantly worry I’m not doing a good job, but in my failure I realize that I am only human and that with each failure comes a lesson on how to do it better. Each day I do the best I can for my girls, striving to give them a good example, someone to look up to. Every day, no matter my failures I love them with all my heart. Parker and Kenna are some of the most gorgeous girls I’ve ever seen (I am a little bias). They are beautiful, kind, smart, funny and most days I can’t believe I’m their momma. I’ve come to appreciate and love my husband on a deeper level because of this. Every day he’s right there with me, changing diapers, kissing ouchies and loving me. I’ve always known how lucky I am to have him as my husband, but this year it really hit my heart hard that when we go to bed at night he’s 100% in this with me and that we started this crazy journey because of love.
(My girl is a Daddy’s girl and I love that)
(Hudson turns six months)
Whoa – that got a little deep and extremely personal, but I felt it was necessary to share. 2015 wasn’t all sadness though. I turned 30 this year! I’m officially in the thirties club and even though I was pregnant and hoping to celebrate on a white sand beach with a waiter handing me a drink every time my glass was empty, “thank you Linus”, I’m still pretty thrilled with the way it went. The family got to take a few trips. Seeing Parker’s face light up when she saw the dolphins jumping in the air at Sea World was probably one of the highlights of my year. I got to see Parker go from an unsure toddler to a sassy little girl who loves pretending to be a doctor, “lawyers” me every chance she gets and is becoming such an amazing little person with every day.
(Patiently waiting for Kenna to arrive)
(She was worth the wait. My baby is gorgeous)
As I told you before I didn’t get to do a lot of photography this year because I was pregnant, but I did get to photograph one family and watch their little boy from the newborn stage to seeing all of his sweet milestones. He will be a year soon and after taking his one year photos I hope to keep them as friends so I can continue to see him grow. He has such kind eyes and the sweetest smile.
(This is Hudson with his momma and daddy for his 1 year shoot. He is growing so fast. I’ve become so attached to this family. Sorry guys, we are friends now. No getting rid of me.)
(My gorgeous babies)
That’s it for me, I’m officially saying goodbye to 2015. See ya sucker! Okay… maybe not to that extreme, but it is time for me to close this chapter of my life and start fresh for 2016. My New Years Resolutions are:
1. Lose all the baby weight, but in a healthy way. I want to make sure my girls see that exercise and eating healthy is the only way to live.
2. Make new friends. Even if it means moving out of my comfort zone.
3. Letting go of the past, really letting go and moving forward.
4. Loving every day no matter how hard it may be.
5. Being thankful for all of God’s gifts.
Happy New Year Loves! I can’t wait to see what 2016 will bring!